Sunday, January 6, 2008

My cute family and the fun that comes with

This is us at Thanksgiving. It took a few tries and one temper tantrum but it turned out pretty cute!
My 3 favorite boys in the whole world.
My sweet boys. I love my kids so much and it is so hard to watch when they are sick. We have made 2 trips to the ER in the last week. A week ago, Danny had the stomach flu and a bad cold with a fever and got really dehydrated. He hadn't eaten anything in a couple days and couldn't keep anything down. So we went in to the hospital since of course every doctor's office and Urgent Care were closed. I felt SO bad for the little man. He was so miserable. I first had to force feed him some pedialyte and then when he couldn't keep that down we had to do an IV. I was crying as hard as he was! Luckily the IV helped SO much and he got better quick.

Here is my smiley little man. He caught the bad cold that we all had and we thought he was getting the croup. So last night we called a nurse and she said to take him in to be seen since he's not even 3 months. So I took him in, once again all the doctors' offices and Urgent Cares were closed. The people in the ER even recognized me. Caleb was so cute and was smiling at all the doctors and nurses the whole time. It was hard to believe he was even sick. Luckily it turned out to be only a hoarse cough and not the croup. They monitored his pulse-ox (spelling?) for an hour and then we could go. We were lucky cause if it had been the croup we would have been there all night. Why can't kids get sick during normal business hours? Even though it's been a tough week, I am so grateful for my healthy, sweet little boys.


3 comments:

Qian Jia Ting said...

I know what you mean about being grateful for health. It has been awful to watch the kids get the flu and other sicknesses this fall/winter. I'm glad your boys are okay!

Jill said...

Hi Angie! So great to see your blog! I love that you have 2 boys too. Aren't they the best? Yours are adorable, btw. So sorry to hear about your sicknesses. Those flu bugs just rock those little bodies so bad! Take care.

Candida Marie said...

the second picture down is absolutely priceless!!