So I am now officially REALLY behind in my blogging. I guess that's what happens when you have been sick and now both kids are sick. Will the sickness ever end? It seems like it's been one thing or another for like 3 months. The curse of winter I guess.
My whole family, all 29 of us, were together this Christmas. I am the youngest of 5 kids and I have 15 nieces and nephews so we've grown into quite the crowd. We haven't all been together since summer of 2003- 5 1/2 years. It was crazy but it was also a blast. We all had Christmas Eve dinner together and it was quite the production. The grandkids all had so much fun and it was great spending so much time with my siblings.

Here is the kids end of the table.

Danny seems to be enjoying his dinner- a nice roll. I sware the kid is the pickiest eater.

The whole group involved in deep conversation. =)
Now onto Christmas morning. We decided to have Santa come at my parent's house since the rest of my family was going to be there. My nephews who were staying with us were so sad when they got up that morning and thought that Santa hadn't come. He did- we just had to drive a bit to go find the presents. First the grandkids (all but my oldest brother's kids who were at their other grandparents) gathered on the stairs and then came down. I have a picture of the kids ready to come down but my camera has issues loading pictures onto the computer. One of these days I'll find it.

Caleb was so excited to see his Little People school bus.

I love this picture because it not only shows Danny with his dream present- "lots of tools" but it shows Caleb in mid yell. He had one volume over Christmas- loud. He's gotten slightly better but still likes to make himself be heard.

Caleb's other favorite present- a toothbrush.

Caleb wanted to help my dad be "Santa" as he handed out the gifts from under the tree. He actually sat on my dad's lap for quite a long time just watching everyone. This is pretty rare for him to sit still for any extended length of time. It shows how much he loves my dad. =)

Here is Caleb opening up his Little People airplane from my parents.


My mom got a turn in helping him open presents. She was actually helping keep him from getting into everyone else's presents. He had finally woken up enough to become his normal active self. He is in the stage where if you say "no" then he thinks it's a game and only wants to do it more. He's adorable and hilarious but a bit of a pain. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment